ToshandProm

Families are like fudge... mostly sweet with a few nuts. Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

10 Best Things from PEP

Since we just got back from PEP I thought I should put something up about it. But then again everyone does that in the usual way, you know "got back, tired, was fun, blah blah". So while out car litnessing (lets get rid of that dumb canning word, it is car litnessing and that is final. It started as car litnessing, it should be car litnessing, so long as you are getting the lit out, being a sample and a witness you are car litnessing and there is glory in doing that!) I thought of doing a top ten kind of thing from PEP. So here it is.

10 Best Things about PEP
(in no particular order)

1) Seeing Tim and BBQ Ribs

2) Chucks victory dance for getting out of Tijuana without a map or a clue where she was going

3) Top Bunks and sharing a room with 4 guys, I don't think I did that since I was 11

4) Oso Negro, 5$ for Vodka is a very good thing and a VERY bad thing

5) Seeing how freaking talented my mom and Joan are, I mean I already sorta knew they knew all about ECE but hearing them go over it and all the stuff they know is just daunting. And to think that Timna, Terri, and now Tiffy know all about this stuff is just fantastic for Family children everywhere.

6) Doing the humble thing and playing ball with the Families best, Darren, Big Mike, Regular Mike, Tracy, Ryan, Eli, Philly, even Dan of Gin was just awesome.

7) Discussing the aerodynamic qualities of nuts and then being amazed by Mike's skill when he tossed an almond across the room (a good 20 feet) and hit his target (Ryan's forehead) rid in the middle. That has to be some sort of super power right? Who can throw an almond 20 feet and hit a target 2x3 inches in size?

8) Discussing Theology, Astrology, Assology(the study of what race can shake it better), and Beer with Jer.

9) Serving Drinks with Nina, and if anyone felt a little hammered after that last evening I swear I had nothing do with it. It was all Nina's fault, with just a little encouragement from me.

10) Well I ran out of things that I can or should post on here but I can't finish this without saying that the best thing about PEP is coming back Home to 3 beautiful kids and knowing that the future is pretty good for them with all the wonderful teaching and input they are getting or will get. God bless all those who put their time and work into making the PEP happen, it was wonderful, everything was super great. Thank you for doing it. And most importantly to Promise for again taking the kids and being a wonderful mommy\teacher for 3 very rascally kids so I could go to a meeting. I have done it once and thought it was Hell, you have done it 4 times now and haven't voiced a complaint yet.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good to chat over some of that stuff with you Toshi. I just wish we had more time so I could have given you the other half of the evidence against Astrology.

If what you heard was evidence enough though, go forth and spread the good news.

Hope to see you around sometime.

11:37 PM  
Blogger toshandprom said...

Nice talking to you too. I don't need any further evidence, in my opinion it has never been an exact science so I refuse to accept it as scientific. It is still useful in its own way but it is much better to save judgement for meeting people and getting a first hand view of an individual.

I still had a bone to pick with you over the Theology thingy but that can wait.

As far as the speech, after your last comment I reread your post and subsequent comments and you are right, there is very little unnecessary verbiage (I think that is my new word for the week) so while I still think you should tailor your speech to your crowd, it isn't not as if you are trying to come across as some uppity little snippet.

And my grammar is all over the board right now I better cut this comment.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing I stayed OFF the basketball court. (even though I really really wanted to play)

Soccer was fun, squishy ball and all.

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well we all know that black people can shake it better. Gosh...I can't believe you guys actually had that discussion.

And of course the worse thing would be not staying a little longer to see one of the coolest sports enthusiasts ever. Right?

11:56 PM  
Blogger toshandprom said...

I don't know, Jer had a very good argument for Cubans.

And you can't blame me for not staying a little longer. If you had mentioned something about a soccer tourney I definitely would have pushed to stsy another day or two. Oh well, maybe next time.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tis true, Cubans are pretty good. I think it's all in their music though, they have some grand beats. But Cubans are sorta kinda black no? Didn't a lot of Africans end up there during the slave trading days? So in theory wouldn't the black race still win out?

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and my e-mail is veronicalove@gmail.com

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home