ToshandProm

Families are like fudge... mostly sweet with a few nuts. Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Those who stayed by the stuff....

Just got back from Wordstock yesterday afternoon. It was great, teens were great, music was awesome, organization ran better than expected, sports were fantastic though I think I am getting worse. I need to find some way to play something other than snowball fights during winter. Got to meet some interesting people, people I only know from blogs or hearsay. Surprisingly I didn't talk with Ruthie much about sports, didn't talk with Nyna much though I heard lots of good stuff about her from Sam (all good I assure you). Didn't talk to Kenji at all though I like alot of what he writes and he was even in the cabin next ours.

Had a whole lot to look forward to at home though, our first daughter was born while I was at Wordstock. Now to explain it a little I definitely did not plan on being gone when the baby was born, It was due around the 20th and with the first two Prom was about 2 weeks late. Besides there was no one else who could take the teens there as Jaydee and Terri went to Cali two weeks before Wordstock. Well the Lord knew when his time was, I am just happy that it came out healthy and that we were able to have it with the midwife. She said she had 12 babies due in May and June so we were a little concerned as there wasn't much of a back up.

Well anyhow the reason for this post was to say thank you to those who stayed back Home and took care of the kids while we were gone. It was a crazy week, something came up with one of our contacts and my Dad and Jo had to drive down to the City, then Prom, Sam, and my Mom had to go have a baby leaving Maria with 6 kids under the age of 5 and only a 9 and 10 year old for help. Last year wasn't much better, it was me, my mom and Timna with 8 kids and no house to live in for two weeks. Well thank you Jesus for how You always take care of us and thank you Sam, Maria, Promise, Mom, Dad, and Jo for being at Home and taking such good care of everything here. Love you lots!

-Toshi

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First Congrats on the little girl.

Second...we did to talk about Sports. You and Mike ganged up on me about the Red Sox, dissed my poor little Orioles to smithereens. Then proceeded to bash the Mavs and Nowitzki. I shalln't forget.

Your BBall skills...kinda dissappointed me a bit. heh.

But yeah, we didn't talk that much...didn't even get to say goodbye. So back to the blogosphere we go.

1:29 PM  
Blogger toshandprom said...

Thank you honey for taking the Teens and helping at Wordstock again! I am super happy you got to go even though we didn't know the baby would come then. She was determined to be a Taurus--not Gemini, so PTL! Love you!
Your wifee

7:19 PM  
Blogger toshandprom said...

Ouch Ruthie that's cold, I didn't even say anything against your Mavs that I haven't already said on your blog and the O's comments are simply the truth, and for that you have to attack my BBall skillz? Now you gone and made it personal, this is war is what this is!

Just kidding, I royally stunk at WS, hopefully I can get back into basketball shape but if not, oh well, I can stand to be taken down a notch.

Hope you enjoyed Wordstock, would be great to see you again sometime. In the meantime I have a Yankees-Red Sox game to be going to! Go Dice-K!!!!

-Toshi

8:10 PM  
Blogger Xact Claims Services said...

congratulations!

Great playing basketball with you, yea you did suck alittle... hahahah, Im kidding. It was fun.

9:21 PM  
Blogger toshandprom said...

Jeez what is with my "skillz" getting picked on. Just cause you were the "star" on the court Joan, doesn't mean you can be nasty! And yes I am disappointed that you didn't include me in your list of cool people you met at Wordstock. I thought I deserved at least a footnote or something for making you look good on the court. Just kidding, you did great out there. Was nice meeting you and beating 28 hundred others on a crowded basketball court with you.

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil will be so jealous if you see Dice-K play live.

Hope you enjoy it.

3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Toshi, would have liked to hang out with you...there's just too many people at word stock, wish there was more time. Anyhow congrats to you and Promise on your new baby!
XOX

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home