ToshandProm

Families are like fudge... mostly sweet with a few nuts. Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Child Brainiac's

I know I may be a little biased in saying this but my kids are so darn smart. I mean all the kids in our Home and in the Family are smart but what I see in these boys is just so incredible. Ryan can quote just about anything he sees or hears. I was singing the Bob the builder tune during parent time (drat those wretched producers who come up with such catchy children's songs) and kept stopping me and telling me the proper way to sing it. "No it isn't Pilchard the cat, it is Pilchard and Bird, Travis and Spud, working together like good friends should". Then I am reading the Feed my Lambs verses with Bradyn, it is his favorite book, and ryan just starts quoting the whole verse and gives the reference too! I don't even remember most of the key promises I learn and this kid already knows references, damn! The times I am on watching the little guys, which isn't all that often, it is such a blast seeing how their little minds work. Ryan and Shawn (joan and tracy's 3 year old) are such a funny pair together, Shawn will do anything, he is absolutely fearless and agile as a monkey, whereas Ryan is afraid of just about everything yet smart as can be. So together they get into all kinds of trouble. Whenever you see Shawny getting in trouble you have to see where Ryan is cause he probably got Shawn into it. Then Bradyn is like their little follower, only he is about the size of a spider monkey. I mean seriously that guy is so small, and clumsy to boot. He is always trying to do the things the older boys do but just can't and his head is already full of lumps from banging into everything around. Anyhow I have to give the little guy credit, he so tough, even though he can just about fit in my pocket he will try almost anything and give it all he's got. That is why I have named this post Child Braniacs, cause their little brains are just running full speed 24\7. You think you have an idea of where they are at and what they are thinking and then they just say or do something totally shatters your image of where you thought they were at and you are left thinking "when did he grow up so fast?". Well that is about it. Just thought you might be interested in that.

P.S. Just when I am puffing up my pride in my kids, ryan rolls over in his bed and bangs his head on the post of the bunkbed, doh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and my hubby wants us to have a boy next, I hope I can handle it.

1:14 AM  
Blogger toshandprom said...

Actually I think boys are easier to take care of. I don't really know though cause I only have boys!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home