ToshandProm

Families are like fudge... mostly sweet with a few nuts. Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Alive still

Just out of curiosity I think I will make one more attempt at keeping this blog alive. Despite my persistent nagging I can't get Prom to post here anymore and true to my Gemini nature I am unable to stay interested in this blog, or anything, for an extended period of time.

Well let's see what has happened recently. We've a had a few people coming through to fundraise, don't really see them much cause they stay down in the City and we are far away from that slime pit of Satan. JayDee and Heather have arrived and it is nice having some new faces in the Home. JayDee is a great guy to have around, always finds something to do, very happy, kind of blends in nicely with our sarcastic humor.

We finally got some snow the last couple of daysand it is freezing cold. Prom and I moved rooms and the new room we are in is so warm that now whenever I go to another room I feel cold, it is terrible.

I finally got around to making the boys their bunkbed. I was hoping to give it to them for Christmas but Ryan saw me bringing the wood in from the car and when I told him it was for the bunkbed he got all excited and now whenever he see's me around he asks me, "did you make my bunk bed yet?". So I have to answer him, "No Ryan, I didn't get time to make it yet, I will work on it tomorrow or the next day". And then he gets all upset and says "why you can't make a bunkbed Daddy?" So then I get all offended that my own son doesn't think I can accomplish anything and storm off to throw a fit.
The lesson as always isn't that we should not act like a child with our children (in fact I have found it works wonders in showing them how stupid they look), but the lesson is that if for some reason you are stupid enough to promise your kids something, don't be even more stupid and show them that you have all the stuff to make it.
Cause kids aren't stupid, even if they are only 3, and they can put 2 and 2 together. "Daddy said he was going to make something+daddy has stuff the stuff to make it+Daddy hasn't made it yet=Daddy is too dumb to make it" and just like that you have a dissapointed child.

Well that is all I can think of for now, if I don't post again for another month.......just wait longer!
-Toshi
And lastly here is something to remember warmer days

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, I guess I could brag a little...I'm down in Mexico on el beacho. There's some massive choppy waves hitting the sand. It's a little windy, but warm...oh and the sun is shining big and bright.

The only thing is...I want snow!

2:49 PM  
Blogger toshandprom said...

yeah, yeah, you and phil together can just keep rubbing it in. I know it is warm there thank you very much. Actually it was pretty warm today. It is crazy, we get 3 days of freezing snowy weather and then the next day it is a sunny 45 degree day. It is like they say about NY weather, if you don't like it wait ten minutes it'll change.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home