ToshandProm

Families are like fudge... mostly sweet with a few nuts. Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.

Monday, October 02, 2006

SGA Seminar

































Well, we are back now and miss our time there terribly. The Seminar was something awesome, inspiring, uplifting, fulfilling, igniting, shaking, stretching, and all around amazing. Met alot of people I knew before, some I knew from waay back when (sorry I didn't get around to talking to you Angel, you are pretty intimidating though), met alot of new people, and some that I only knew from pics, hearsay, blogs or people Prom knew. The classes were really great. The people who are leaders or shepherds seem so, I don't know, inviting or down to earth. It is just easy to trust them and feel that they really care about you as an indiviual. The sports were pretty fun, although with the size of the basketball court it was more wrestling than basketball. I can't believe how terrible I was in the one game of volleyball I played. Of course I haven't played for about 3 years but still I was about as clumsy as shaq in high heels. The fellowship was good but really not my cup of tea. Unlike everyone else in our family I am a terrible people person. I don't know, I think I got all the height and Tracy got all the wit, charm, and humor. Kind of sucks sometimes but hey, that is the way the Lord made us and the Lord also made vodka which helps you get out of yourself. So if I didn't talk to people till after midnight, you will know why. I would put some pics up but I am in an area of our house that the wireless doesn't work too well and I am too lazy to move somewhere so I won't, might add some tonight though.
-Toshi

6 Comments:

Blogger bassistlikeflea said...

Aw don't be so modest. You've got plenty of wit...not as much as Tracy to be sure...but not all of us are blessed with his fast and sharp tongue...(ok...try to take that in a non-prison-movie sort of way.

They've got me manning a car donation phone at the office for starters. Between calls, I catch up on my blog-reading ;)

6:54 PM  
Blogger Poochies said...

Ack!! I'm intimidating?? I'm super sweeeet!! Toshi said the same thing though...
Do I look fierce?
I love you, truly I do :)

7:23 PM  
Blogger toshandprom said...

Ha, I can just imagine you answering car phones. "Hello, what that? Ball joint problems. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........" Phil drops the phone like a hot potato and goes running from the room in horror. Oh yeah, I had this great, typically toshi time changing the brake pads on the voyager, were you still here when I did that one. Anyhow almost had the car fall off the jacks and break the front rotor. Good times all around!

8:05 PM  
Blogger toshandprom said...

I don't know Angel, you are just intimidating. I can't even put a finger on what it is but you are, in a word, intimidating. You are super sweet though, unfortunately I don't remember that much of you, I was hoping to talk with you at the SGA seminar but I was too scared to. Anyhow, love you lots.
-Toshi
P.S. I wrote that post, I am just too tired\lazy\dumb to try to figure out how to make 2 different users on this thing and I forgot to sign my name on the bottom of it.

8:55 PM  
Blogger toshandprom said...

Oh yeah, phil. I almost got a pic of your favorite piece of profound NYC artwork. Unfortunatly Terri wasn't quick enough with the camera so I will try to get a pic of it next week and put it up on here for your viewing pleasure!
-Toshi

9:06 PM  
Blogger bassistlikeflea said...

Yeah I was still around when you did the brakes on the Voyager. You told me about it.
Yeah, I think I left the picture of the artwork on my phone. Then again, your dad may have erased it by now. It'll be good to have for reference.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home