ToshandProm

Families are like fudge... mostly sweet with a few nuts. Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Copycats



I was putting("putting, puting, how does the word go, it sounds like you are playing golf, never mind") the boys to bed tonight when I asked Ryan to go close the door. He was busy reciting an entire episode of Cherub Wings or something and didn't really want to do it. So when I gave the dreaded "do it or else" he sort of huffed off to the door, stomping his feet and giving every indication that he hated doing it. When he came back to bed it kind of dawned on me, "My God, that is exactly how I react to things I don't want to do". Then I started thinking, how much of his reactions and bad habits has he copyed from me, and when you really think about it that is a terrible responsibility. To know that YOU have a direct effect on them and how their lives unfold. Now it's true that he is our first and therefore we have made the most mistakes with him, and Ryan is also born on the same day as me so he does pick up ALOT of the same traits as me. It is still no excuse to pass it off or excuse it. Probably the hardest part of being a parent is knowing that you have ultimate responsibility for how your child turns out. So needless to say I am definitely watching myself around him in the future. On a lighter note we got our first frost of the year (stop your sniggering Phil!), yesterday we raked up a big pile of leaves for all the little guys and they had a blast running in it, diving in it, and most of all burying me in it every chance they could. Didn't get any pics of it but here are a few of the boys anyhow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

its putting (double 't'). and who are all these people you're taking pics with? it seems so chaotic! i want to see more pics of my nephews and less pics of anonymous people. of course, its me! who else would word things in such a friendly way.

3:01 PM  
Blogger toshandprom said...

What are you talking about, you are the chaotic one. You made absolutely no sense there. The only pics on this post are of your two nephews. Love you flor
-Toshi

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was referring to all the people below. the major make-up of this page. and post some pics of promise' new bump. it had better be a girl!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home